AccuRIP Reset Mac Print System
When an Apple (Mac) computer repeats print jobs, fails to print and job, or does unexpected weird things then it is time to “reset the Mac Print System”. Apple built in this feature for a good reason, sometimes the print “traffic cop” loses its mind and no longer manages the files properly. A smart plan is to easily reset the Apple (Mac) OS print system. It will clear all previous printer drivers and reset the Unix CUPS system (Common Unix Print Services). The following steps are for Mountain Lion and higher.
- Right click any printer in the Mac System Preferences/Printers. Chose reset Print Systems.
- Restart the computer and printer.
- If the Genuine Epson print driver has NOT already been added back to the System Preferences/Printers do that now.
- Test print the Epson driver.
- Open AccuRIP. From the File Menu choose Edit Configuration. Choose all the right settings for your printer then click OK to build a new AccuRIP to Epson print driver.
- From the AccuRIP File Menu choose Test Print.
- Print a file if the Test Print was successful.