Most installation errors have been resolved with AccuRIP Black Pearl. Previous version users should upgrade. See Apple and Windows info below.
(A) Mac users can sometimes see an error when you do not have the proper Administrative Rights to add software. Switch to a login space with proper Admin Rights and Privileges. It is highly advised to run the AccuRIP Black Pearl installer again. The installer tells the OS to allow the addition of drivers.
(B) Upgrade to Apple’s OS El Capitan (10.11) made changes to how it manages user permissions. You can no longer use the Apple Disk Utility to repair or verify the disk. Apple claims to manage this automatically during updates/restarts. Permissions commonly become corrupted, they continue to work until they reach a breaking point.
El Capitan Resolve
Create a “root” login space (Unix Super Admin) and create the AccuRIP Print Driver while under this space. Then log out and return to your regular user space. A root login has none of the restrictions of other logins including Admin.
Here is the link to enable the root user.
Apple has fallen behind on this info, but you can use the Lion OS info with Mavericks, Yosemite and El Cap.
Understanding the root login will also keep you from bringing your computer to the Apple store for issues that appear major, but in fact are minor.
Windows Error Code 5 or Error Code 2 Windows .dll Error or Error 26 can be related to the Windows UAC (User Account Control) feature that blocked the building of the AccuRIP print drivers. Usually seen at the point of trying to add the driver or complete the install wizard.
How to Add an AccuRIP Print Driver Manually…
- From the Start Menu/Control Panel/Printer Setup choose “Add Printer”. Choose “Local Printer.”
- When asked to select a PORT choose “AccuRIP Port (Standard TCP/IP Port). Yes, it is TCP.
- When asked for a driver select “have disk.” Choose “browse.”
- Navigate to the program at the default location C:Drive/Programs Filesx86/Fawkes Engineering/
- AccuRIP (installer default location) or at your custom installed location. Within the AccuRIP folder locate and select the file called “accurip.inf” and choose OPEN.
- Once back to the Browse window and Click OK.
- Select the proper printer or printer “series” from a list of printers and complete the setup process by clicking NEXT. When asked to print a test page DO NOT PRINT!
- If prompted for Windows certification of driver choose “Install anyway” – most important step!
- Open AccuRIP and complete the WIZARD Setup.