AccuRIP Windows USB Files Don’t Print
Files won’t print through AccuRIP. I have a USB connection from my printer to my Windows computer. First make sure the AccuRIP Job Queue is cleared out and there are no Red X indications in the History.
Update or Upgrade to the latest version (a purchase may be required.
- Remove/delete both the AccuRIP and Epson Print Drivers from your computer’s Devices and Printers.
- Restart your computer.
- Critical step – make sure you have the latest Epson Printer Driver Installed. DO NOT use the Epson Installer CD. Go directly to Epson’s web site for the Download Driver for the model. Then make sure the Epson is printing properly by printing using the Epson driver. Contact Epson with any issues at this step.
- Launch AccuRIP (not the installer). From the File Menu choose setup. Select the inkjet model and check all settings especially the Connection. Make sure LOCAL is selected and the option Show All Ports is checked. Choose the proper USB port for your Epson printer.
- Make sure Dot Gain Control is unchecked.
- Click OK to build the AccuRIP to Epson Driver.
- From AcccuRIP’s File Menu select Test Print or Halftone Test Print. It should print.
- Then open a NEW blank illustration program document. Make a small solid square. Print it using the AccuRIP to Epson Driver.
- Print your art file. If it fails to print the file contains a PostScript Error and needs troubleshooting.